Aimed at families with young children, this Southern Dandenong’s Landcare Group project offers nature-based activities and play with a strong focus on caring for our environment through tending Birdland’s very own community vegetable patch and bush garden.
Parents and children will take part in:
- Developing and caring for the community bush garden and vegetable patch, sharing seeds and plants, sowing crops and enjoying the bounty that this brings.
- Nature walks within the Birdsland Reserve setting
- Nature-based art experiences in and around the off-grid education centre, which also has a fully functioning kitchen for cooking activities
- Socializing with other families in the community, sharing ideas and everyday sustainable practices around the home
- Guest speakers and visitors from organizations and community members in the hills with a focus on sustainable living and protecting our natural environment.
The project runs on the first Sunday of the month (10 am-1 pm) and the third Thursday of the month (1 pm-3 pm)
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/SDLGNaturePlayProject/
We hope to see you there!